I am supposed to write a 10 bullet blurb about myself and then tag others. I am a little shy on the tagging, but I'll see what I an do.
Here it goes on my end:
1. I still wonder if I'll get pregnant "naturally." Even though I have endometriosis, my ovaries are stuck by adhesions to the back of my uterus and one of my fallopian tubes is "lost" in my intestinal mass. Oh, and I have cruddy eggs. Futile optimism. Go figure. Actually, I only wonder right about the time I get my period, so I don't have to wonder very long. :)
2. I am working on getting a new job, I just need to start contacting people and get myself out there. It will be nice to be leaving the academic world!
3. I eat uncooked pasta--as a snack. Macaroni, spaghetti, whatever. I have since I was a teenager. I am not sure why, but I noticed that I start to crave it when I become anemic. Perhaps it is because pasta is iron fortified? Not sure, but I'm crunching on some now. (And yes, my family things I AM nuts. And yes, I am anemic. And no, I CAN'T hear you over the crunching of the pasta)
4. I just learned you can make s'mores in the microwave. Not great for losing weight, but great as a snack! (and they taste better than uncooked pasta!)
5. I think as a general rule, cats should be able to roam outside. I am looking at my first "son", Max, here as I type. He was sickly as a kitten, but has been in great health ever since. He turned 15 this March. I attribute a lot of his health on his outside activity. I know that it exposes him to parasites, other animals and various other dangers. But, it also keeps his mind active, his weight healthy. I think of him going outside like me dining on delicious dinners. Sure, I could go on a calorie restriction diet and live another 15 years. Or I could eat moderately and enjoy those years. I choose to enjoy!
6. I am a World of Warcraft widow.
7. My favorite color oscillates between green and blue.
8. I am only at #8, and it is 11:30pm. I need to go to bed.
9. Speaking of, I have found that a "sleep routine" has just about saved me. I generally go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. Even on the weekend. Now, I don't have bouts of falling asleep during seminars (unless they are very boring!)
10. Keeping a laptop on my tummy this long upsets my stomach :( BUT I ALWAYS SEEM TO DO IT!
Many thanks again to St. Elsewhere for giving me these lovely awards. I shall now award these to some other fantastic bloggers who I would like to know more about!
Oh, and if you don't read Jen at Maybe if you Just relax. Perhaps you should check her out. She is an awesome woman and wickedly funny. Some of her friends are putting together a fund to help her family out (she has a 2yo daughter, and recently twins. One of which tragically was born still, while the other is putting up an astounding fight in the NICU). She is an amazing woman who would never ask for help, but could use it.