Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Inauguration and explaination

So. Here it is. My first official blog post. While I know that I am going to be the only one reading this for now, I hope to actually understand how to use this thing, so that I can make it look all nice and purty-like in case anyone stops by.

As an introduction, I am 30-something and have been married for 10 years to my best friend. I have a (slightly) disturbing number of small animals [one cat, two guinea pigs, and 4 hamsters]. I was in school for a LONG time, ending up with a PhD, and am now working in the northeast. Oh yes, and am infertile. Very, very infertile. I didn't, however, find this out until a few years ago.

But, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

I feel compelled to give some explaination as to why I'm writing this down publicly, instead of just keeping a journal. To be honest, I am not really sure why myself. I think that it is in part, perhaps in large part, because I have gotten so much out of reading other people's blogs who are going through the same ordeal. Although they probably don't know it, they have been a lifeline. A lifeline that I would have been lost without. I hope that I can do that for someone else. But I cannot deny that the second reason that I want to blog about my infertility is for me to reach out, to feel connected with others who share my same struggles in a way that commenting on other people's blogs just can't substitute.

This inaugural post is the first in what I hope to be a journey of my life. With all its ups and downs. And hopefully, will be EXCEEDINGLY less somber than this first post. Geesh. You would think that I was writing a eulogy.

I hope to lay out my 'story' in coherent chunks over the next few posts.

No comments: