Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

beta part deux

My goodness, things have been crazy at work for me this week. I almost don't have time to revel in the amazing news that I got a positive beta and that it is increasing! My beta today (17dp3dt or 20dpo): 2994!

Thus, I present to you, like Peeveme, of a chart of my hCG vaues versus average hCG values over time. I thought that my first value was so very, very high, but on this scale it doesn't look so outrageous. :) Of course that is on a semi-log plat, so a beta of 5000 wouldn't look too outrageous at this point.


In not so pleasant news (including that my job makes me want to jump off the face of a cliff right now), is that I am still spotting. Not very much, not very often. It stops and starts abruptly. I asked the nurse about it. She said that without an ultrasound, there isn't much information we can garner from the spotting. In fact she said, and I quote "we're going to ignore the spotting for now, unless you start bleeding heavily." I like how "we" are going to "ignore the spotting for now." Yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do. tra-la-la.

No, I'm going to worry about it, because, dammit, it's worrisome. So there. I shall, however, not freak out about it. That I CAN do. For now.

So now, I will officially say it, even though I had a tag on my last post about it: I AM PREGNANT.

I don't know for how long and I don't even want to think about all the things that could go wrong. But for now, I'm pregnant! I'm happy. Sad. Exited. Tired. Scared. Everything all rolled into one. I am still waiting for the proverbial "other shoe to drop," but so far so good..... :)

9 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

YEAH!!!

When is your u/s??

~~HUGS~~

Unknown said...

YAY! And CONGRATS!! I will keep you in my prayers for this pregnancy... Here are a few of my thoughts: I think you have more than 1 in there. Also, I know a lot of IVFers spot and it increases when there's more than 1 in there. Are you spotting brown or red? It could also be implantation spotting too. There could be MANY reasons why you are spotting. When you do, if you can, lay down and relax and drink a TON of water. Spotting is scary, but it's normal too.... When's your u/s?

Brenda said...

Jojobee: the spotting can be both brown or red. Here is some TMI action for you: Sometimes I just get a little pinkness on the toilet tissue. 3 times now, I have gotten much heavier bleeding (but only had to use a pantyliner once). Those times the blood was darker than a normal period, but not like really old blood.

Here's the caveat, potentially. I am a champ when it comes to making a uterine lining. When I had a test cycle for DE back in January, my lining by the end of cycle was something outrageous like 18mm. The doctor and I even discussed have my uterus scraped out to remove some of the endometrial cells. I generally have heavy periods.

Soooooo, I could just be bleeding more than a normal pregnancy because anytime ANYTHING happens in there, it knocks a little of the lining off. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

Your advice about the bleeding is well taken. Lying down and destressing couldn't hurt. I do wonder why you suggest drinking a lot of water. When I first got the results of the beta back, the nurse told me to drink a lot of fluids. What is the connection b/w pregnancy and fluid intake?

And finally, directed at both of you lovely ladies, the nurse said that the u/s would be 7-10 days after today. She suggested that it would probably be the 11th, but the scheduler at the clinic has not called me yet.

Thank you both for your support. :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! You are really preggers! Looking forward to the u/s - sorry your work is a pain right now, but at least you can revel in "being with child". hehehe. I just quit my church job (I direct the bell choir) today - I actually don't leave until after Christmas eve. Big bell time of year. Hope things ease up for you, I have heard the advice about lying down when you have spotting many times (although I have never had this issue yet - waiting!) and drinking more water is always good.

Mo said...

Wonderful wonderful news!!!! And it's no comfort - I know - but they say spotting is very common at this stage. Those are great numbers!!!! When is the first u/s?

Mermaid said...

Yay! Congrats - those are great beta numbers!

Hope C said...

Congrats! Wonderful News!

And Alabama's going to put up one heck of a fight this weekend!

Steel Magnolia said...

Congratulations! I too am just over the idea that this whole quest to have a fricking child is so fraught with waiting - for the transfer date, for the result, for the blood test, for the beta test, and hopefully ultimately for little baby to pop out. Ugh - WAITING!

Kami said...

Great news! Congrats. I feel very confident the spotting is not an issue.