Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Transfer day

Just got the call, transfer is going to be tomorrow at 8:30 am. Discussions with the attending doctor will ensue, we will get an update on the status of the embryos and the number that we will transfer.

This brings me to a point of contention between Hubby and I. The number of embryos to transfer. 1 or 2. Over the last few days this decision has gotten a lot easier for me, as I am hopeful that we will have embryos to freeze away. I vote for 2, Hubby INSISTS on one. Not that he doesn't have a good reason. It seems that I have conveniently "forgotten" that the surgeon in our clinic said that I should not carry multiples as I have had two surgeries on my uterus. Hubby seems to think that this man with a medical degree and years of experience has a point. Whatever.


musicmakermomma said...

Not that my case is a good one to study right now (roll eyes here); but we did only transfer one. I had other uterine problems, and if more than one had implanted we would have had to have reduction. Are you able/willing to consider that? If not your DH may have a point (on the other hand, just getting pg is soooo hard!)

Good luck whatever you decide! 3m

Dora said...

What Musicmakermomma said. Tough decision.

Hmmmm, I'm thinking you have a looooong night ahead of you. Good luck tomorrow. I'd say I'll think of you then, but I'll be sleeping. ;-)

Stacie said...

That is a tough question. I do hope you are able to make a decision that you both feel comfortable with.

Sending good luck and positive vibes to you.

battynurse said...

No advice but I hope that transfer tomorrow goes well. Good luck.

musicmakermomma said...

Just wanted to wish you luck before tomorrow morning! I will be playing a lovely obbigato part in church right when you have the transfer - so I will dedicate it to the embies (at least in my mind) Can't wait to hear all about it!3m